Enhancing the security of your online accounts is important for staying safe online.
- Turn on two-factor authentication on critical accounts like email, banking and social media.
- Secure your router by making sure it has a strong password and does not broadcast who you are through its name (e.g., “the Jones Family” or “123 Elm Street”).
- Make better passwords by combining upper and lower case letters with numbers and symbols.
- Make unique passwords for important accounts like email, finance and healthcare.
- Write down your new passwords, and store them in a safe place away from your computer.
- Check to ensure all devices are password, passcode or fingerprint protected.
Follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to a happier, healthier IT habitat.
First published in our June 2017 IT Radix Resource newsletter