Are you looking for the next new way to increase the productivity of your staff?
Is reducing downtime and/or wasted time on your list of objectives for the coming year?
Would you like to exert just a bit more control over websites your employees visit during the workday and the time they spend on some of them?
Today, there are a variety of cost effective ways to help enhance productivity and reduce wasted time in organizations that have already implemented many “best practice” and state-of-the-art technology hardware. They can help employers to take more control over the great technology assets they have put in the hands of their employees. Employees of all types, rank and seniority are wasting their employer’s valuable resource of time.
In fact, a recent survey of employees noted in Forbes magazine revealed that:
- 64% of employees visit non-work related websites every day at work. Of that group,
- 39% spend one hour or less per week,
- 29% spend 2 hours per week,
- 21% waste five hours per week,
- Only 3% said they waste 10 hours or more doing unrelated activities.
Where on the Internet are they wasting your time during work hours?
- Not surprisingly, socializing on Facebook occupied 41%, while 37% use LinkedIn, and 25% are shopping on Amazon.
- Other destinations include Yahoo and Google+ and, to a lesser extent, Twitter and Pinterest.
- The younger, more tech-savvy worker demographic appeared to be the biggest group of recreational Web surfers.
- Of employees between the ages of 18 and 35, approximately 73% reported spending time inappropriately at work on a daily basis.
That is a lot of wasted time. So what can be done?
At IT Radix, we have implemented programs that have reduced downtime and/or wasted time in a number of organizations. In most cases, we have done so by introducing a new software application into the network. The software monitors employee activity on their computers. It offers a wide variety of levels of monitoring and other benefits that allow organizations to maximize their investment in their employees and the technology they put at their disposal including:
- Filtering and/or blocking websites according to a wide variety of criteria
- Monitoring certain words that might be indicators of activities that need to be addressed
- Reviewing work in progress ensuring it is done to standards and policies
- Monitoring and stopping the download of confidential data
- Locating and even removing all applications and data from stolen computers
Do you think that enhancing productivity would benefit you?
Do you wonder if your staff is working at optimal levels now?
Let’s have a conversation about these topics. IT Radix will provide you with our best ideas on solutions that fit your needs.