Good cybersecurity health has become required for all of us, but the adage “out of sight, out of mind” seems to apply as over the past two years, Microsoft has introduced a myriad of new and improved security features that you may not be thinking about leveraging.
Like dental hygiene, your Microsoft 365 cybersecurity health needs regular check-ups and cleaning to determine what protections you have or need to enable. Happily, IT Radix can make your Microsoft 365 checkup pain free.
Microsoft 365 Security Features Worth Leveraging
Here's a small taste of what has changed:
- Enforcing MFA (multi-factor authentication) on ALL mailboxes. If you do not currently have MFA enabled, you will be prompted to configure it during logon. It’s easy—like putting on a seat belt—so we recommend you just do it!
- Disabling support for insecure legacy email protocols which may impact devices such as scanners or applications like voicemail or accounting systems.
- Creating geo-location specific policies to prevent logins from foreign countries.
- Displaying context-specific safety tips to users within email messages to ensure they review and handle suspicious emails appropriately.
- Setting data classification labels to help protect data from illicit access.
- Enabling Teams meeting management features such as allowing only invited users automatically, more secure presentation controls, and more.
- Managing external sharing settings such as link expiration or forwarding restrictions.
- Setting inactivity sign-outs and more.
You May Assume These Microsoft 365 Security Features Are Enabled By Default... Think Again!
You may assume these new security features are enabled by default, but this simply is not the case. Why? In some cases, these changes are transparent (great); however, in some cases, these changes may cause things to stop working as you expect (not so great).
We’re happy to review your Microsoft account and advise of any potential issues. Check out our special offer for more info!
First published in our July 2023 IT Radix Resource newsletter