Got a computer problem? Before reaching out to Tech Support, try these simple self-help tips:
- Is the problem resolved by rebooting your computer? Rebooting computers restarts a lot of hidden services which your computer relies on. Amazingly, a large percentage of errors are resolved by simply rebooting.
- Are there any loose cables in back of your computer?
- Are your computer lights on? Is there power?
- Are any of your coworkers experiencing the same issue(s)? Is this an isolated or widespread problem?
- Has anything been modified or upgraded on your computer since it last worked correctly? Frequently, software updates or the installation of a new program can adversely affect a computer.
Are you frustrated? Don’t hesitate to call us. Some helpful information to help us troubleshoot are:
- The sequence of events leading up to the issue (e.g., what you were doing, what happened on the screen, did anything unexpected happen, and exact wording of any error messages).
- Screen prints and/or utilizing the Snipping Tool are very helpful to determine the exact cause of the problem.
- Alt+PrintScreen (captures the active window)
- Ctrl+PrintScreen (captures the entire computer screen)
Never hesitate to give IT Radix a call. We’re here to make IT work for you!