September is National Preparedness Month. I’m sure you’ll agree, disaster readiness is crucial to help you get back to business faster should a disaster strike!
Here are a few simple reminders for you to consider…
- Back Up Your Data Remotely! We recommend backing up all data to an offsite location, and we offer this as a service to our clients.
- Use a Quality Surge Protector With an Uninterruptible Power Supply Battery. A high quality surge protector combined with an uninterruptible power supply battery backup will go a long way in protecting sensitive electronic equipment for surges and other electronic irregularities that can destroy your computer’s circuitry.
- Make Sure Your Servers Are Off The Floor. If your office is flooded, having your equipment off the floor will prevent it from being completely destroyed. Server racks can be purchased and installed very inexpensively.
- Set up Remote Access. Telecommuting offers many benefits to both your business and your staff. When an unexpected event occurs, remote access enables your employees to conduct business as usual, and maintain productivity, even when they can’t make it into the office.
- Have A Disaster Recovery And Business Continuity Plan. Every business should have some type of plan in place for continued operation after a disaster. Would people know where to go? Who to call? How to log in and access data remotely?
Hopefully, you’ll never have to use it, but having a simple plan will let you sleep a lot easier at night knowing you have a way to continue operating when and if disaster strikes.
Need help with a plan? Give us a call today… we’re happy to help!